1. On which day did 2017 begin?
2. Which Serbian has won six Australian Open men’s tennis singles titles this century?
3. Are the metatarsal bones in the foot or hand?
4. A lepidopterist specialises in the study of (a) butterflies (b) fish (c) leopards?
5. Does the title character ever appear in Samuel Beckett’s 1953 play Waiting for Godot?
6. In 2009, which African country issued a $100 trillion banknote?
7. Beginning with ‘p’, what is the term for the hardcourt surface of Australian Open tennis courts?
8. In 2016, who asked President Barack Obama for a pardon for leaking classified details of the US government’s surveillance of citizens in 2013?
9. The astrological year will begin on March 21 under which star sign?
10. Which British prime minister resigned in 1990?
11. Who played in NRL grand finals with the Warriors in 2011, the Roosters in 2013 and the Sharks in 2016?
12. Anthony Hopkins was on screen for how many minutes in his Oscar for Best Actor role in the 1991 movie The Silence of the Lambs – (a) 16 (b) 26 (c) 36?
13. The Olympic rings represent the union of five (a) continents (b) oceans (c) sports?
14. Anders Celsius, noted for developing an international temperature scale in the 18th century, was a professor of (a) astronomy (b) botany (c) economics?
15. Beginning with ‘m’, what is the term for an egg-laying mammal?
16. In which 2016 movie did Asa Butterfield play a Florida teenager trying to solve the mysterious death of his grandfather?
17. Estonian 30-year-old triplets competed in which women’s athletics event at the Rio Olympics?
18. Last year, which social networking service apologised for deleting a famous photo of a naked girl injured by napalm in the Vietnam War, posted by the prime minister of Norway.
19. “I’ve just seen a face. I can’t forget the time or place where we met,” are lyrics from which song?
20. Beginning with ‘s’, what is the term for examining an item at a shop prior to buying it online?
21. Which English comedian ran an antiques shop after retiring from show business?
22. Which exercise regimen was originally known as contrology?
23. The daughter of which US singer was noted for playing Kristin Shepard who shot JR in the TV show Dallas?
24. What were the given names of TE Lawrence, better known as Lawrence of Arabia?
25. Name the three tennis courts with retractable roofs used at the Australian Open.