TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Which nursery rhyme character “kissed the girls and made them cry”?
2. Which princess married Jack Brooksbank last year?
3. Vatican City State is surrounded by which city?
4. Last year, which country became the world’s largest legal marijuana marketplace (a) Canada (b) Saudi Arabia (c) Sweden?
5. Australian swimming star sisters Cate and Bronte Campbell were born in (a) Malawi (b) Monaco (c) Mongolia?
6. Laguardia Airport is in which US city?
7. Which movie in the Goosebumps series was released last year?
8. Which noted Washington Post journalist wrote the 2018 book Fear: Trump in the White House?
9. Name South America’s most southerly national capital.
10. In a 2018 sponsorship deal with the Walt Disney Company, the name of Docklands Stadium was changed to what?
11. In his 2018 autobiography, which former North Queensland Cowboys star revealed that he was “breaking into cars, and stealing lawnmowers and whipper-snippers at the age of 13”?
12. Which Belgian city is the de facto capital of the European Union?
13. Released last year was which new Australian banknote featuring a motif that changes colour with movement?
14. Who is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England?
15. Last year, which former British foreign secretary signed up to deliver after-dinner speeches for $55,000 to fund his divorce?
16. Last year, which state parliament legalised abortion up to the 22nd week of gestation?
17. Samurai Beach is in which Australian state/territory?
18. Dying last year at the age of 78 was which ex-builder, noted for founding the Clean Up Australia campaign?
19. Which independent candidate won the 2018 Wentworth by-election?
20. Which horse won the 2018 Caulfield Cup? 21. Which 1889 painting by Australian artist Frederick Mccubbin depicts a swagman sitting by a campfire and brooding over his misfortune?
22. Who was the narrator of the 2007 documentary Bra Boys: Blood is Thicker than Water?
23. Who won the 2018 John Eales Medal?
1. Georgie Porgie. 2. Princess Eugenie. 3. Rome. 4. (a) Canada. 5. (a) Malawi. 6. New York. 7. Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween. 8. Bob Woodward. 9. Montevideo (Uruguay). 10. Marvel Stadium. 11. Johnathan Thurston. 12. Brussels. 13. $50. 14. Queen Elizabeth II. 15. Boris Johnson. 16. Queensland. 17. New South Wales. 18. Ian Kiernan. 19. Kerryn Phelps. 20. Best Solution. 21. Down on His Luck. 22. Russell Crowe. 23. David Pocock.