TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Louie the Fly is a promotional character for an (a) airline (b) insect repellent (c) insurance policy?
2. The maximum possible time for the total phase of a solar eclipse is (a) 7 minutes 32 seconds (b) 17 minutes 32 seconds (c) 27 minutes 32 seconds?
3. The term “au lait” means served or prepared with what?
4. In 1984, did Grant Kenny or Guy Leech win the inaugural Coolangatta Gold?
5. Did Webster’s Dictionary originate in England or the United States?
6. In 1950, a Western Australian referendum rejected a proposal to ban the sale of what?
7. Which bird is depicted on the flag of Papua New Guinea?
8. Which is the only US state with its name beginning with “L”?
9. Which country, now not in existence, won the second-highest number of medals in the 1976, 1980 and 1988 Summer Olympics?
10. In which 2018 movie do huge cities on wheels chase each other across devastated landscapes?
11. Last year, which coach was dumped by the NRL for violating terms of his suspension during the club’s 2014 supplements scandal?
12. The world’s first motel, the Milestone Mo-tel (now the Motel Inn), was opened in California in (a) 1925 (b) 1945 (c) 1965?
13. Last year, which federal minister said that in 2016, Malcolm Turnbull ran “the worst campaign in Liberal Party history”?
14. Which two Australian state capitals are closest?
15. Last year, did Brooks Koepka or Tiger Woods become the first repeat winner of the US Open in 29 years?
16. Who wrote the Goosebumps series of books?
17. A stannary is an area where which metal is mined or worked?
18. Broad Arrow is in which Australian state/territory?
19. Which horse won the 2018 Melbourne Cup?
20. After the 1954 Battle of Dien Bien Phu, which European country agreed to withdraw its forces from all its colonies in Indochina?
21. This year is the United Nations International Year of what?
22. Christmas Island (Kiritimati) is part of which country?