TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Is cabernet sauvignon a white or red variety of grape?
2. Is the Ursa Major constellation also known as the Great Bear or the Great Lion?
3. Ombrology is the study of (a) brolgas (b) rain (c) umbrellas?
4. In 2018, Wild Oats XI won line honours in which Australian yacht race for the ninth time?
5. Is Exodus a book of the Old Testament or New Testament?
6. Which former High Court judge recently married his same-sex partner on the 50th anniversary of their first meeting?
7. Who played George Costanza in the TV show Seinfeld?
8. Which ABC TV children’s character’s 60th anniversary was recently celebrated with a series of coins?
9. Who won the 2019 Allan Border Medal?
10. Name the human bone joining the shoulder and elbow.
11. The one-year contract of which North Queensland Cowboys player was recently torn up after officials viewed a video of an alleged domestic violence incident at a casino?
12. The abbreviation for the pound, the imperial unit of weight, is (a) lb (b) pd (c) po?
13. Glasgow, the Scottish city, is on which river?
14. Is hessian made from the cotton or jute plant?
15. The colour of the Queensland Reds jerseys in the 2019 Superrugby competition is (a) green (b) maroon (c) pink?
16. Nguyen Phu Trong is the president of which Asian country?
17. Name the only element lighter than helium?
18. Dying recently at the age of 82 was which English star of the movies Murder on the Orient Express and Erin Brockovich?
19. Which Australian golfer won three consecutive British Opens?
20. In the recent movie Cold Pursuit, who played a family man who goes in search of revenge for his son?
21. Three of the four letters in the names of which US states are vowels?
22. The wreckage of which US aircraft carrier was recently discovered off the coast of the Solomon Islands, 77 years after being sunk by Japanese forces?
23. Which 1970s Australian TV character was an “obese, mustachioed transvestite, part trucker and part pantomime dame” who rode a Harley-davidson motorbike?