TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. A triennium is how many years?
2. Is Los Angeles the capital city of California?
3. The world’s tallest bridge (343m) is in (a) Australia (b) France (c) USA?
4. The Liz Ellis Diamond is awarded in which sport?
5. Who was US president between George HW Bush and George W Bush?
6. In the TV show Seinfeld, Elaine characterised which other character as a “hipster doofus”?
7. The Ghan train links which two Australian capitals?
8. Broadway is in which Australian state/territory?
9. In an upset result in round one this year, which team beat the defending premiers, the West Coast Eagles, by 44 points?
10. What is the term for shorthand writing?
11. Which 35-year-old former test forward is playing for Wests Tigers this season?
12. Most Australian prime ministers took office in their (a) fifties (b) sixties (c) seventies?
13. Scott Morrison recently called in the ambassador from which country to complain about his president’s warnings that Australians would be sent back in “coffins” if they arrived with anti-islamic sentiments?
14. Are the human carotid arteries in the neck or lower leg?
15. Which Swiss tennis star recently won his 100th ATP title?
16. The flags of Belgium and Germany have which same three colours?
17. The letters AED, the portable electronic medical device, stand for what?
18. In which hit musical was a group of young Mormons sent to a remote village in Uganda?
19. Who has won the most (23) Olympic gold medals?
20. The 2010 song Rolling in the Deep was a hit for which English star?
21. In 2015, which controversial “big” tourist attraction statue was erected in the New South Wales town of Nyngan in the shire of Bogan?
22. Which desert stretches for more than 2000km along the Atlantic coasts of Angola, Namibia and South Africa?
23. Beginning with “c”, what is the four-letter collective term for hyenas?