TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Wolfgang Amadeus were the given names of which noted 18th century composer?
2. Is Julie Bishop or Julia Gillard older?
3. The colour of the bottom band on the Russian flag is (a) red (b) white (c) blue?
4. Does a hippophobic person fear hipsters or horses?
5. Krzysztof Piatek, an AC Milan striker, was recently accused of scoring a goal with which type of kick (a) hand of God (b) karate (c) kung fu?
6. Which town, 320km southeast of Darwin, was bombed by Japanese aircraft in 1942?
7. Which European nationality has the same spelling as a cleaning term?
8. “She take my money when I’m in need. Yeah, she’s a triflin’ friend indeed,” are lyrics from which song?
9. Who was Australian prime minister when Princess Elizabeth became Queen Elizabeth II?
10. Which Melbourne Cup-winning trainer was recently banned for four years?
11. MC Hammerhead is a mascot of which NRL team?
12. The westernmost point of continental Europe is in (a) France (b) Portugal (c) Spain?
13. According to the superstition, spilled salt should be thrown over which shoulder to ward off the devil?
14. The capital gains tax came into effect in Australia in (a) 1965 (b) 1975 (c) 1985?
15. Can dogs be identified by nose prints?
16. In the 2018 movie Destroyer, which Australian plays LAPD detective Erin Bell, who has multiple issues with anxiety, alcohol, anger management and personal grooming?
17. According to the 2016 census, which is the second-most widely spoken language in Australian households?
18. The impact basin Utopia is on which planet?
19. Which 2834km highway runs from Darwin to Port Augusta?
20. The Hashemites are the ruling family of which middle-eastern country?
21. Which disease was known as the white plague?
22. Which Australian golf club is the only one in the world with reciprocal rights with the Royal and Ancient Club of St Andrews?
23. Which 750km-long river, with its source in the Macdonnell Ranges in the Northern Territory, is reputedly the world’s oldest?
24. Name the three 21st century governors-general who have also served as a state governor.
25. The term for the inhabitants of a national capital and a mineral have which same name?
1. Mozart. 2. Julie Bishop. 3. (a) red.
4. Horses. 5. (c) kung fu. 6. Katherine.
7. Polish. 8. Gold Digger. 9. Robert Menzies.
10. Darren Weir. 11. Cronulla Sharks. 12. (b) Portugal. 13. Left. 14. (c) 1985. 15. Yes.
16. Nicole Kidman. 17. Mandarin. 18. Mars.
19. Stuart Highway. 20. Jordan.
21. Tuberculosis (TB). 22. Coober Pedy Golf Club. 23. Finke River. 24. Michael Jeffrey, Quentin Bryce, David Hurley.