TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Which superhero has a shield partly made from the fictional metal vibranium?
2. In which state capital did trams cease operation in 1969?
3. Tasmania’s Tamar River flows into which strait?
4. Is logophobia the fear of logs or words?
5. Kelly Slater is an 11-time world champion in which sport?
6. Who is the only child of Queen
Elizabeth II not to have been divorced?
7. Ray Groom was premier of which state from 1992–1996?
8. In which recent movie did Brie Larson play an ex-us Air Force pilot who acquires superhuman strength after her DNA was altered during an accident?
9. Tourism Northern Ireland recently estimated that one in six visitors comes to see sites where which hit TV show was filmed?
10. Larry Mize chipped in from 40m on the second playoff to beat which Australian for the 1987 US Masters title?
11. Bankwest Stadium is the new $360 million home ground of which NRL team?
12. On a standard keyboard, which letter is between Y and I?
13. The Family Court of Australia was founded in (a) 1976 (b) 1986 (b) 1996?
14. The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) was established by (a) Queen Victoria (b) King George V (c) Queen Elizabeth II?
15. Beginning with “e”, what is the term for a receding tide?
16. Which Channel 7 cooking show celebrated its 10th season this year?
17. Weipa is in which Australian state/territory?
18. Which company manufactured the Valiant car in Australia 1962–1980?
19. Katarina Carroll recently became the first woman to be appointed Police Commissioner of which state?
20. Which horse won the 2019 Golden Slipper?
21. In 1997, which letter was officially added to the spelling of Australia’s highest mountain?
22. The dodo is the national animal of which Indian Ocean country?
23. At the age of 77, which noted French sculptor married his lifelong companion Rose Beuret in the last year (1917) of both their lives?
24. How many blue triangles appear on the flag of the United Kingdom?
25. Name the male coach of the Collingwood Magpies Super Netball team.