TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. The names of which two months have four syllables?
2. How many medals did Australia win at the 2018 Winter Olympics (a) 3 (b) 13 (c)
3. Does “aquiline” refer to eagles or hawks?
4. A million millimetres make how many metres (a) 10 (b) 100 (c) 1000?
5. The first Parliament House in Canberra was opened in (a) 1927 (b) 1947 (c) 1967?
6. Beginning with “p”, what is the term for a record of ownership of historical objects?
7. Which former world heavyweight boxing champion was killed in a plane crash in 1969?
8. Name the author of the 1945 book
9. Which recent movie told of a big-eared baby elephant capable of flying?
10. Name the good-natured pink ostrich puppet which was a character on the Hey Hey It’s Saturday TV show.
11. Who recently left the Penrith Panthers after claiming his position as executive general manager of football had become redundant?
12. The Second Fleet arrived in Australia in (a) 1790 (b) 1795 (c) 1800?
13. Members of which country’s cricket team narrowly escaped being injured during a recent mass shooting in Christchurch?
14. Is ergophobia the fear of eggs or work?
15. Australian women first voted at a federal election in (a) 1903 (b) 1923 (c) 1942?
16. Who wrote the 1957 detective novel 4.50 from Paddington?
17. Which former England player was recently appointed coach of Brisbane Roar?
18. Which wall marked the northern limit of the Roman Empire?
19. The human tympanic membrane is commonly known by which term?
20. Beginning with “a”, what is the term for baldness?
21. What was the popular term for the communication device connecting the White House and the Kremlin in 1963?
22. Who played Pearl Slaghoople in the 1994 movie The Flintstones?
23. Which US state is named after an English Channel island?
24. Holes 11, 12 and 13 on the Augusta National Golf Club are collectively known by which term?
25. Crossed gold and silver keys are depicted on the flag of which European country?