House fire reminder
A HOUSE fire at Benalla early Monday morning has resulted in a call on residents to check electrical appliances before winter sets in.
It is a timely reminder for all residents that we are entering the peak season for fires in the home.
Fire safety advice from CFA says each year there are more than 4500 house fires in Victoria.
Overloaded power boards and power points can overheat becoming a major cause of fires.
Keep an eye out for faulty wiring – if you have any appliances or power boards with cords that are visibly frayed - replace them.
Visit cfa.vic.gov.au/homefire for more tips and a handy checklist.