Swanpool swap meet and village market
THE annual Swanpool Swap Meet and Village Market will be held at the Albert Heaney Reserve, Midland Highway, Swanpool on Sunday, November 27.
Now in its seventh year, it continues to grow in popularity, and also features a Show and Shine for trucks, cars, motorcycles and tractors.
Swap Meet and Village Market sites are $20 and applications can be obtained by calling 5768 2219, or you can pick up one from the Swanpool Store, or download one from the website www.swanpoolanddistrict.com.au.
There were some very interesting vehicles in the Show and Shine last year, ranging from ‘A’ Model Fords to current model Holdens. Entry to the Show and Shine is $10. Entry to the market is by gold coin donation, which goes to support the volunteers of our three local CFA volunteer fire brigades.
All other proceeds from the event go to local not-for-profit groups and community projects.
Come along and enjoy the day from 8.30am, there are lots of stalls with local produce and a range of other interesting things for the whole family, including live music and food stalls.
For more details, contact Barry O’Connor on 5768 2400.
- Remembrance Day - Centenary service at Memorial Gates 10.30am - all welcome Mansfield Golf Club. - golf Trade Day -
- Helen Bretherton farewell from Kinder community - 2pm - 4pm at the Kindergarten Ailsa Street.
- Mansfield Community Fund ‘Sharpshooters for Kids’ photographic exhibition launch. 2pm to 4pm, at The Noodle House, High Street, Mansfield. Exhibition ends November 30.
- Full body mole and skin checks by Molescreen Australia at Coco Beauty Retreat, 44 Malcolm Street. Bookings 57751088 or facebook/cocobeautyretreat.cost $155.
- Mansfield Show, presented by the Mansfield Agricultural and Pastoral Society at Mansfield Showgrounds. Gates open from 7am Entry $15 adult; $5 pensioners, students and children 6-17; $35 family pass (2 adults, 2 children); Children under 6 free.
- Swanpool Swap Meet, Village Market, and Show and Shine, Albert Heaney Reserve, Swanpool from 8.30am. Market Sites available for $20. Call 5769 2219. Market entry by gold coin donation. show and Shine entry $10.
- Mansfield Golf Club AGM - at the clubrooms. Bonnie Doon Community Group. A range of regular and one off activities are run by this group. For details of June and July events, go to www.bonniedoon.net, email bdcen[email protected] bigpond.com, or call into the Community Centre at 75 Arnot Street.
Weekly Produce Swap at Bonnie Doon Community Centre. Bring your excess home-grown produce and gardening extras to swap at the produce table.
Every Thursday between 10am and 1pm a Justice of the Peace will be available at the Mansfield Police Station, High Street, to sign and witness documentation. Thursdays Weekly at 8pm AA Mansfield Group meets at the PCC Meeting room - Mansfield Hospital. Contact Graeme 0429682522 or Karen on 0402514260 for further information.
For information on all activities phone 57752176.
- 10.30am – 11.30am Free play Lego for families at Mansfield Library.
- 10.30am Chess Club for all levels at Mansfield Library.
10.30am. Preschool Storytime at Mansfield Library. Stories, songs and craft. Ph 57752176.
4pm. Local author Belinda Crawford speaks about the release of Riven, the second book in ‘The Hero Rebellion’ trilogy. At Mansfield Library. Snacks provided. All welcome. Ph 5775 2176.
3pm Book club at Mansfield Library. Ph 5775 2176.
3.30pm Family History Group at Mansfield Library. All welcome. Ph 57752176.
4.00-5.30pm Writers group at Mansfield Library. New members welcome. Ph 57752176.