“Everybody’s input was seriously considered.
“Any previous plans from MCHAC and MHS were all taken into account by the consultants.”
In response to MHS’s concerns that they could be evicted from the site, Cr Westendorp said that there is nothing in the Master Plan to have them move.
“There have been a number of other plans for this site previously developed, and I can assure you that these plans were also all considered and contributed to this proposed concept masterplan,” Cr Westendorp said.
Furthermore, he pointed out that the full funding for the planning did not come from council funds.
“Council, state and federal government are contributing equally to the project,” he said.
Councillor Paul Sladdin endorsed the mayor’s statement.
“To the best of my knowledge, all of the $100,000 has come from Regional Development Victoria,” he said.
At the time of publication, finance officers from Mansfield council were unavailable for comment. The Mansfield Station Precinct Concept Masterplan has been released by council for public exhibition and will be available for public comment from January 1 to February 15.
PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT: The Mansfield Shire Council has released plans for the development of the Station Precinct, prepared by consultants SJB Urban. Plans courtesy of Mansfield Council