Man free from interlock device use
ON November 7 last year, a man appeared in court with his sights set on getting his interlock device removed, after having it on for over 10 years.
7KH PDQ DWWHQGHG 0DQV¿HOG 0DJLVWUDWHV¶ &RXUW ODVW :HGQHVGD\ ± DQG DIWHU WKH ORQJ wait, he no longer requires the device.
Back in 2018, Magistrate 3HWHU 0LWKHQ WROG WKH PDQ WKDW KH was “not convinced that (he was) ready to be back on the road without an interlock device’.
The man agreed, saying that over the past few years he has gone through a lot.
In February 2018, the man was in rehab for four weeks with the hopes of recovery, and has also been seeing a psychologist once every fortnight.
“You are making steps,” Mr Mithen had told the man, before adjourning his application until last week.
,W LV D UHTXLUHPHQW WR KDYH ¿YH months of clearing the interlock before having it removed.
:KLOH WKH YHKLFOH IDLOHG WR start on January 20 after a friend blew .047 after drinking, the man will now be getting it removed.
“Thank you,” he said to Magistrate John Murphy at the court hearing last week.