Need help with your wa­ter sup­ply?

Mansfield Courier - - News -

RES­I­DENTS in bush­fire af­fected ar­eas who are with­out drink­ing and do­mes­tic wa­ter sup­ply due to tank con­tam­i­na­tion now have a sin­gle point of con­tact to call for as­sis­tance.

South East Wa­ter, based in Frankston, will pro­vide bush­fire aid on be­half of the Vic­to­rian wa­ter in­dus­try to North East Wa­ter and East Gipp­s­land Wa­ter.

South East Wa­ter will be a ‘one-stop-shop’ as the ini­tial con­tact point for bush­fire af­fected res­i­dents re­quir­ing emer­gency re­lief wa­ter, as well as co­or­di­nat­ing the de­liv­ery of wa­ter across af­fected ar­eas.

All Vic­to­ri­ans who may be threat­ened by bush­fire are re­minded to re­duce the risk of con­tam­i­na­tion to wa­ter tanks by dis­con­nect­ing the down­pipe and cov­er­ing the tank, if it is safe to do so.

Res­i­dents in non-af­fected bush­fire ar­eas who rely on rain­wa­ter tanks are ad­vised that smoke taint alone is un­likely to be a health con­cern.

How­ever, if you are con­cerned about the taste of your tank wa­ter, use bot­tled wa­ter for drink­ing, food prepa­ra­tion, brush­ing teeth and for an­i­mals.

You can con­tinue to use your rain­wa­ter for other uses.

Any­one seek­ing emer­gency wa­ter as­sis­tance from the bush­fire af­fected ar­eas should con­tact South East Wa­ter on 131 851.


Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.