What’s On Calendar
● AUGUST 19: Friends of the Great Victorian Rail Trail monthly meeting deferred from August 12 due to COVID lockdown will be held at Up2Us Landcare office, 3pm. A community group working towards the development and promotion of the rail trail to increase its economic benefit to the local community.
● AUGUST 16: U3A Meeting - Mansfield Library (back door) at 10:00 am. Join us for morning tea and a chat. A documentary, ‘When will the birds return?’ will be viewed as a follow-up to UNIT 6 on Cyclone Tracy.
● AUGUST 21: CONCERT POSTPONED to December 5. Aequales Chamber Music Quartet. Performing Arts Centre at 7.00pm Tickets on Try Booking or One Tree Two Boutique.
● AUGUST 25: Interschools Snowsports Championships on Mt Buller at Burnt Hut Spur.
● AUGUST 26: Brazilian Portuguese culture night at the Bonnie Doon Community Centre - 12 noon - Brazilian Lunch: Feijoada $5 per person - bookings essential 5778 7722
● AUGUST 28: Mansfield Farmers’ Market.
● AUGUST 28: Wheel in a Day workshop at Wendy Jagger Studio.
● AUGUST 29: Mansfield Marathon, Great Victorian Rail Trail.
● AUGUST 29: Poetry Cafe 2pm - 4pm - Old Library at Bonnie Doon Community Centre. Enjoy local poetry read by local poets - all by a cosy wood fire.
● AUGUST 29: Maindample CFA Plant and Garden Sale, 9am-2pm at the CFA shed, Main Street, Maindample.
● AUGUST 31: Southern Cross Kids’ Camp Trivia Night. The Delatite Hotel at 7.30pm. To book a table call 5775 2004.
● OCTOBER 1: Mountain Cattlemen’s Association of Victoria Get Together. McCormack Park, Merrijig.
● OCTOBER 16: Be Kind Ball, Mansfield Showground pavilion, music, food, dancing and entertainment raising funds and awareness for anti-bullying education.
● OCTOBER 16: St John Annual Spring Fete, 45 Highett Street.
● OCTOBER 23: Mansfield Steiner School Spring Fair and Open Day.
● OCTOBER 29: Mansfield High Country Festival starts.
z NOVEMBER 24: Retired Police Christmas Luncheon. Mansfield Golf Club from 12.00pm. Contact Kevin Jacobs on 0427 321 185.
z DECEMBER 5: Aequales Chamber Music Quartet. Performing Arts Centre at 3.00pm. Tickets on Try Booking or One Tree Two Boutique.
z JUSTICE of the Peace Services - Every Thursday, Mansfield Police Station. 10am to 1pm for witnessing and signing of documents.
z U3A meetings are held on 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month at 10am in the Library Meeting Room. z CWA Monthly meetings: 3rd Monday from 1.15pm. z CWA Craft Days: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 10am to 2pm.
z CWA Op shop open: most days from 10am to 2pm. z Rotary Probus meetings to be held every second Wednesday for monthly meetings and then the activity days on the fourth weekend of each month.
z Rural Australians for Refugees (RAR) meet every fourth Monday of the month at 6pm in the library (rear entrance)
z Monday Mingle - Every Monday - organised by the Bonnie Doon Community Centre - held at the Bonnie Doon Hotel for 1.5 hours - chat and make new friends new theme each week. BYO ideas for activities - all ages and abilities.