Out of control burn legal, says CFA
THE fire season isn’t far away and Heathcote CFA have already had a busy weekend.
On Friday, the brigade was called to an out of town burn on a property after eagle-eyed residents reported seeing smoke. It was legal and contained by the resident.
At 7am on Friday morning the brigade was called out to a Palm Ct property after a resident was burning a mattress in their backyard. The resident will be getting an infringement notice from council as the burn is in breach of the City of Greater Bendigo bylaws.
On September 23 the brigade was called to a shed fire at Mount Camel. The fire was contained to the shed and a granny flat which was inside. Four brigades attended from Mt Camel, Axedale, Heathcote and Toolleen and brought the fire under control in 20 minutes. Crews believe batteries connected to a solar system were where the fire started.
Mitchell Shire Council fire restrictions begin on October 1 meaning today and Saturday will be the last days for most residents to burn off without a permit.