Recipe of the week
Mango and Pineapple Pork Stir Fry
3 spring onions
425g can mango slices
439g can pineapple pieces
2 tbsp cornflour
3 tbsp Alfa One Rice Bran Oil
2 tbsp grated root ginger
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2-3 tbsp chilli and garlic sauce
1. Trim fat from pork and cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
2. Trim spring onions and cut into 4 cm lengths on the diagonal. Drain mango and pineapple, reserving a quarter cup of each juice. Mix juices together with the cornflour until smooth. Cut mango slices in half crosswise.
3. Heat a wok or large frying pan until a drop of water sizzles in it. Add the oil.
4. When the oil is hot, stir fry the pork in small batches until brown and almost cooked. Remove each batch from the wok before cooking the next batch. Set the pork aside.
5. Stir fry the spring onions and ginger for 1 minute.
6. Mix brown sugar, vinegar and chilli and garlic sauce into the cornflour mixture. Add mixture to the pan. Return pork to the wok with the mango and pineapple. Stir fry for 1 minute.
Serves: 4. Source: Alfa One.