1. A famous saying associated with the First World War on its outbreak was — ‘‘It’ll be over by …"? a. Year’s end; b. Easter; c. Christmas; or d. Summer?
2. What is the estimated length of the WWI trench system on the Western Front? a. 475 miles (764km); b. 260 miles (418km); c. 580 miles (933km) or d. 750 miles (1,207km)?
3. World War I lasted how many years? a. 3; b. 5; c. 1; or d. 4?
4. Why did the Germans have an advantage over the Allies on the Western Front? a. They had better weapons; b. They were on higher ground; c. They used poison gas; or d. They had more soldiers?
5. During the First World War, almost 60,000 Australians died after sustaining injuries or illness; 46,000 of these deaths were on the Western Front. How many of these Australians have no known grave? a. 7,000; b. 11,000; c. 16,000 or d. 25,000?