Mars Bar mousse
THIS decadent chocolate mousse gets better with age so make it up to two days in advance. Cover glasses with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
PREP: 2 hours 45 minutes COOK: 10 minutes
1. Finely chop 4 of the Mars bars and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the chocolate and cream. Microwave on High, stirring every minute, for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture is melted and smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
2. Use a balloon whisk to whisk yolks into chocolate mixture. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
3. In a clean bowl, use electric beaters with a whisk attachment to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the icing sugar mixture and whisk until well combined and glossy. Set aside.
4. Use beaters with a clean whisk attachment to whisk the chocolate mixture until it begins to hold its shape and a ribbon trail forms when the beaters are lifted. Do not over beat. Gradually fold in the egg white mixture until well combined. Spoon into 6 serving glasses. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill and set.
5. Cut the remaining Mars bar into slices and place on top of the mousse. Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve.