This Day in History, 1866
THE ‘Wahgunyah’ was built for John Foord specifically for the river trade along the Murray’s upper reaches between Echuca and Albury.
She was reported to be just over 70 feet long, with timber planking over an iron frame.
Durable redgum was used for the bottom and oregon for the sides. The ‘Wahgunyah’ was launched on this day and named by Miss Ellen Foord.
The vessel survived until 1878 when it was burnt in a fire.