1. Which two American literary giants both died in May this year?
2. Who is Linda Burney?
3. Which country has land borders with Bulgaria, Ukraine, Hungary, Serbia and Moldova?
4. Vladimir Putin studied which discipline at Leningrad State University?
5. Which performer out of Shirley Bassey, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Julio Iglesias and Cliff Richard has never performed at Napier’s Mission Concert?
6. And which artist performed at the inaugural Mission Concert in 1993?
7. Would you attend a Mission Concert if you were demophobic?
8. What distances are covered in a marathon, and in a half-marathon?
9. Who wrote the operatic number, the “Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves”?
10. What three remedies under the Consumer Guarantees Act are available to a trader who has sold faulty goods?
11. In which novel is Holden Caulfield the troubled narrator?
12. Who said, “I am so busy keeping my head above water that I scarcely know who I am, much less who anyone else is.” Answers to Whiz Quiz on page 120