re­mem­ber to pay your tax


There’s no hid­ing from the taxman! As soon as you start mak­ing any money, in­form your lo­cal tax au­thor­ity. If you are go­ing it alone, you’ll need to reg­is­ter as self­em­ployed and de­clare your in­come, or you may be able to in­clude the in­come in your tax re­turn.

Re­mem­ber that you can claim any le­git­i­mate ex­penses, such as travel, ac­com­mo­da­tion or food costs to off­set against your in­come. You can also claim equip­ment costs, as long as these are solely used in car­ry­ing out your busi­ness. It’s best to check with your lo­cal tax of­fice re­gard­ing what is a le­git­i­mate ex­pense, or you could even em­ploy an ac­coun­tant if you are mak­ing enough money from your ven­tures.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.