It’s a Morton
FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, Morton Motorcycles were sold by the Morton Cycle & Motor Works from Park Street, South Melbourne. According to noted historian Robert Sayward in his book “The A-Z of Australian-made Motorcycles, the cycle was a 3 ½ hp Precision. The business was purchased in 1920 by Allan Purdue, formerly with Stillwell & Parry and he ran advertisements for the “Morton Motorcycle Masterpiece” although little is known of this venture. This example is thought to have been sold in Bathurst NSW, rider unknown.