In 2017, 184 teams from Australia and 31 from New Zealand signed up to enter VISTA. Following two theory rounds and a pit-stop challenge, Australia was left with six teams which qualified for the semi-finals in Gothenburg, including ‘Team 1’ from CMV Truck and Bus Derrimut which received a ‘Wild Card’ entry. New Zealand had two teams which qualified for the semi-finals.
The Australian semi-finalists were:
• Team SCT – South Central Trucks (finalist)
• Team 1 – CMV Truck and Bus Derrimut (finalist)
• Team Euro – South Central Trucks
• Team Invictus – VCV Townsville
• Team I-See – VCV Sydney Chullora
• Team Mack – Truck Centre WA Kewdale
The New Zealand semi-finalists are:
• Team Invercargill – Truck Stops Invercargill
• Team W.I.P. Rebellion – Truck Stops Whangarei These eight teams were among 56 teams from Volvo Trucks’ international markets vying for a place among the 40 teams to qualify for the World Final which will be held from June 25 to 29 in Brazil, with Team SCT – South Central Trucks and Team 1 – CMV Truck and Bus Derrimut emerging triumphant.