ROAST CHICKEN WITH ONIONS, GARLIC, LEMON & THYME
1.8kg whole chicken
3 sprigs fresh thyme
10 cloves of garlic
30g butter, softened
3 medium onions, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Insert two thyme sprigs, the lemon and two of the garlic cloves. Tuck the wings under the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen string. 3. Place the chicken breast-side up in an oiled roasting tin. Rub all over with the softened butter then roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven, add the onion and remaining garlic to the tin, then roast for a further 50 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the chicken and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
6. Serve with roasted garlic and onions.