Pavlov's Bell, an expose on bullying-psychological rape - by Bob Napier Years of abuse lead me to conclude, “there are no sane legal means of dealing with bullies”, so I shifted. Tim Field's, (1996) brilliant book, “Bully Insight”, validates this, “It is the most devastating, draining, misunderstood, and ultimately futile experience imaginable." Professor Hervey Cleckley, (1950), “The Mask of Sanity”, p7, “The interest was desperate, (from families and associates), who had struggled long and helplessly with a major disaster for which they found not only no cure, no social, medical, or legal facility for handing, but also no full or frank recognition that a reality so obviously existed”. Dr Robert Hare, (1993), “Without Conscience” “It is not the psychological report but the trail of destruction of other people's (lives), property, finances, etc., as they travel through life that defines a psychopath”.
Olweus's (1993), perceived a deficiency with the definition and defined, “bullying as repetitive, damaging and with a power imbalance”. A dictionary definition of bullying is, “the use of strength or power to hurt, intimidate or dominate others”. However, the dictionary definitions of “strength and power” are not, “the ability to hurt, intimidate or dominate others”, that is consistent with “antisocial behaviour disorder”. Olweus's “power imbalance” came from an “age or physical size advantage”, with school yard bullying.
A different perspective of “power imbalance” is:
1. Bruises, burns and broken bones are common terms for visible evidence of “physical trauma” to the body. There are “no comparable terms” nor “visible evidence” for psychological trauma, and that is if the victim understood that much.
2. Communication and trust are the foundation of society, creating predictability, ensuring we are on the same wavelength; we stop on red lights and go on green. The intentional parasitic cannibalization of the victim's dignity and trust is incomprehensible, diagnosed as psychosis or delusions.
3. Without firm intervention the young practice to the point of mastery what rewards them, including bullying. What hope has the victim got being specifically illiterate to this language of “toxic intelligence”.
4. The legal industry demonstrates little understanding nor remedy for the victim but is quick to pounce upon victim's that react. Any reaction by the victim is generally twisted, embellished and reported to authorities with a seamless expertise further nourishing the parasites aggrandizement.
5. With respect to the gravity of what in fact is actually taking place, the intentional psychological destruction of the victim”; the above dictionary definition is an unconscionable fraud upon society. At best, it is an inventory of “tools”, a third-party observation of visible, “physical or verbal abuses” only.
Summarising, societies total failure of comprehension, the only tool there is, awareness, ensures, “the victim is powerless and that is a power imbalance, a vulnerability, which is exploited by the bully”.
Distress, waiting for the next assault, plus previous assaults is compounded by the secondary trauma created by societies failure to validate that anything is in fact wrong, further invalidating the victim with psychological isolation. This, intern by default, not only fails to prevent further abuse or hold the predator accountable, it is also self-fulfilling enablement to the supremacy of the perpetrator. A recipe for mental exhaustion, trying to understand how this psychological carnivore can operate from an ethereal 4th dimension in the victim's normal 3-dimensional world. Game set and match goes to the parasite when the victim quits their job, requires mental health support, attempts suicide or takes matters into their own hands.
I believe: “Bullying is the addiction to "acts", validating psychological supremacy. All forms of abuse are merely tools”.
Both Cleckley and Hare listed 16 & 20 traits respectively for psychopaths. To-date there appears to be no definitive cause. Cleckley was bewildered that highly intelligent people would perpetrate “Inadequately motivated anti-social acts”, for no financial or functional purpose, (except ego), hence the earlier term, “Moral Imbecility”. Dale Carnegie p.130, listed Dewey J. & James W. on, “mans need for self-validity”. In a vacuum of such validation addicts are created of various dependencies, drugs and behaviours, that cover that hole. There are parallels with the traits of addicts and psychopaths, loss of control-inadequate motivation, lying becomes a skill of deception at evading accountability and a source of gratification, a need for secrecy, the failure of conscience and empathy and a lack of outside hobbies and interests as a result of the brains adjustment to short term gratification, i.e., the next fix of supremacy.
Complex studies talk of “dopamine and the accumbens”, (in the brain), driving addiction. Simpler, “Pavlov's Dog”, the Russian experiment where the dog was fed at the same time as a bell rang. Later the bell rang, and no food was supplied but the dog's brain was wired to expectation of reward and drooled. There the “Bell” was symbolic to conditioned expected reward. Here the symbolic “Bell” is the availability of an opportunity, a Casino for a gambling addict, an alcohol outlet, a pastry shop, an easy target person, (bully fodder), depending on where on the spectrum of abuses the addict is conditioned. The dog drooling is consistent to the cigarette addict that on auto lights a cigarette without conscience thought. This explains the imbecilic loss of control to “egogasms” for the bully. Tim Fields referred to “incompetence” relating to irresponsible acts. The photo of the map in the Smith Street Mall in Darwin directs visitors 180 degrees in the wrong direction, “incompetence”, or DINGA LINGA LING.