10 questions with Christelle Scifo
1. What are your morning rituals ? An espresso and my beauty routine. If time allows it, lemon-infused water, stretching and a swim.
2. What are your favourite flowers? Poppies and tulips for their shape and movement, camellias and daphnes, which bloom around my birthday, and the magnolia for its summer scent.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up? A ballerina, then a fashion editor because I grew up with a love of design, fashion and beauty.
4. Where do you feel most at home? Home is by the sea in Sydney, where my family and friends live. I used to live in Paris and it’s a necessity to go at least once a year, for the inspiration and culture that I miss so much.
5. What music do you listen to when you work? Almost anything, especially classical music to focus – that’s the ballerina in me. Serge Gainsbourg, Nicolas Jaar, Solange, Lana Del Rey, Françoise Hardy…
6. What talent would you most like to possess? Singing.
7. What trait do you most admire in others? I love to see compassion, love and humanity in other people’s eyes and actions. 8. What is your greatest indulgence? My annual trips to Paris.
9. How do you relax? A ballet or Pilates class to quiet my mind and switch off. An ocean swim and book on the beach, rummaging through vintage stores, and in the evening, a glass of red wine.
10. What was the last book you read? Les Fleurs du Mal by Baudelaire.
Christelle’s work can be found via her website, Fleurette.co; Instagram @fleurette___
Art vessel Look out for Christelle’s new collection of handmade ceramic vases and vessels, designed in collaboration with Cooper & Clay, which launches in September. Also pictured are some of her signature Fleurette pieces – the shell-shaped vase, white bowl and Chinese vase.Ones to watch In September, Christelle and Jedd will unveil their A Still Life collection of limited-edition prints that explore nature in a modern man-made world.