PUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO THE TEST
Now with even bigger religious statues!
1. The top three largest statues ever built are all dedicated to which major religion?
2. What anatomical object has as many as 14 different parts, including the chalaza, vitelline membrane and nucleus of Pander?
3. A large reservoir of slushy what may have been discovered under the south pole of Mars?
4. What starts to happen to your perception of sound when the volume reaches 120dB?
5. Passenger aircraft have round (or rounded) windows because what happens to square windows at high altitude?
6. Of the epochal “ages” (Stone Age, Bronze Age etc), which “age” was the Roman Empire?
7. William Gibson is often credited with starting a “renaissance” of renewed interest in science fiction in the 1980s, with a genre called cyber-what?
8. Sahul is a technical geological name (which includes all islands and shallow seas) for which continent?
9. Which word comes originally from the Greek meaning “of bows” and refers to a hazardous substance?
10. What did the zeppelin USS Los Angeles remarkably never do during its eight-year operating life?