Shepparton News

Helpful contacts


With thousands in isolation across Shepparton, The News

has compiled a list of where to go if you need help.

While the list isn’t exhaustive, community groups across the Goulburn Valley are rallying together to help in incredible numbers.

If you need help getting food or supplies:

GV Cares has spearheade­d the donation movement across Shepparton, delivering food and supplies to people stuck in isolation.

Those who need help or a chat can email

Potential volunteers can email

People Supporting People, run by Lutfiyes Shish Kebab’s Azem Elmaz: text Kim on 0447 713 838.

The Federal Government’s My Aged Care hotline

(1800 200 422) for any residents aged 65 or over and Indigenous residents aged over 50 who are worried about shopping for groceries or having trouble preparing meals.

If you need financial assistance for missing work:

There is plenty of informatio­n about eligibilit­y and the applicatio­n process for the Federal COVID-19 disaster payment online at www.servicesau­s individual­s/subjects/ getting-help-duringcoro­navirus-covid19/if-you-needpaymen­t

Australian residents must claim the COVID19 disaster payment online using myGov, by linking Centrelink to their myGov account.

Eligible visa holders need to call the emergency informatio­n line on 180 22 66, which operates Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.

If you need clarificat­ion around exposure sites or quarantine:

The Victorian Government coronaviru­s hotline is 1300 651 160 - staff will be able to clarify when you need to isolate until, when your day 13 test will be and any questions around exposure sites.

Check the Victorian Government website listing exposure sites at

www.coronaviru­s.vic­tes before calling.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia