STING PROVES LIFE-THREATENING
A COVERTY man has commended our hard working emergency services after they saved his life on New Year’s Eve.
At 3pm that day, Wayne Charity had just finished the mowing when he went to the letterbox to check for mail.
Mr Charity got the shock of his life when he realised there was a massive wasp nest under the letterbox.
“I didn’t know I was allergic, I had a severe anaphylactic reaction,” he said.
By the time Mr he got back to the house, he collapsed and stopped breathing.
His wife sprang straight into action, calling triple zero, then starting CPR.
“We both did the CPR course 20 years ago but the 000 guy talked her though it,” Mr Charity said.
The couple waited 40 anxious minutes for paramedics to arrive.
In that time, the LifeFlight chopper flew up from the Sunshine Coast and landed in the couple’s front paddock.
Mr Charity was then flown to Kingaroy Hospital.
Since being released from hospital, he is extremely grateful to still be around to tell the tale and recognise those who helped him.
“I would like to say a huge thank you to all those wonderful ambos and
❝ We are so lucky to have a wonderful service in a small country town. — Wayne Charity
paramedics who looked after me, including my darling wife,” he said.
“And all the team at the Kingaroy Hospital.
“We are so lucky to have a wonderful service in a small country town.”
Mr Charity joked he was now forever in his wife’s debt and would be washing up every night for the rest of his life.
“She has got one over me for life I reckon,” he said.
GRATEFUL: Wayne Charity and his wife, Helen with the EpiPen he now carries with him wherever he goes.