HSC study tips
WITH HSC exams starting October 17 students in the district are getting ready for an intensive period of study.
Following are some tips for Year 12 students to stay focused during exams:
● Eat well. You are what you eat rings true for exam period so eat balanced and healthy meals.
● Stretch. Stretching sends fresh oxygenated blood to your head, neck and shoulders.
● Take hourly breaks to clear your mind and recharge by walking around in the fresh air.
● Sleep well. Sleep is important for memory and concentration, aim for a minimum of six hours, ideally seven to eight.
● Get into a routine. Aim to go to bed and wake up at around the same time each day. This will get your body into a routine so it’s easier to fall sleep and you will wake up refreshed.
● Find when you are most productive. Some people work better at the beginning of the day, while others work best in the night. Schedule intense revision at the peak of your productivity.
● Don't eat meals at your desk. You need a physical and mental break as well as time to interact with your family – your biggest support team. Make sure you share meal times together so you stay connected.
● Laugh. Laughter clears the cobwebs from your mind and puts you in a positive mood. Try thinking of a funny story or watch a comedy to boost your mood.
● Exercise regularly. Exercise, especially outdoors, can help students cope with mental stress and recharge. Take a 30 minute walk outside, jump with a skipping rope, hit the gym or take the dog for a walk in the park.