LOOKING BACK Stanthorpe State School pupils in March 1933
IN 1873 the idea of a state school became a reality. It started with one school building and a second was built in 1875. John Caine was appointed as the first head teacher and James Stephens started teaching at the same time. From two classrooms with wood heaters and chimneys the school has grown to include 10 buildings and multiple sporting facilities.