Pure indulgence: cappuccino mocha cheesecakes
serves / 6 prep / 3 hours 5 minutes cook / 25 minutes
200g Choc Ripple biscuits 2 tbsp instant coffee granules, plus 1 tsp extra 80g butter, melted
1 tbsp water, boiling
3 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
155g ( 3⁄ cup) brown sugar 4 2 eggs
300ml double cream
250ml thickened cream Cocoa powder, to dust Chocolate-coated coffee beans, to serve
100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
250ml thickened cream
2 tsp instant coffee granules 1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Release the bases from six 10cm springform pans and turn over. Place a sheet of baking paper over 1 base, allowing a 4cm overhang. Secure the base, paper-side up, back in the pan. Repeat with remaining pans.
2. Process biscuits and extra 1 tsp coffee in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and process until well combined.
3. Transfer the biscuit mixture to the prepared pans. Press the mixture firmly over the base of the pans and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
4. Combine coffee and water in a heatproof bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Process cream cheese and sugar in the clean bowl of the food processor until smooth. Add coffee mixture. Process until well combined. Add eggs. Process until combined. Spoon into pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until just set in centre.
6. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecakes in oven, with door slightly ajar, for 30 minutes or until cooled.
7. Place in fridge for 2 hours to chill and firm the crust.
8. Meanwhile, for the glaze, place chocolate, cream, coffee and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Stir for 5 minutes or until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
9. Use electric beaters to beat double cream and thickened cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Swirl through 2 tbsp of the mocha glaze. Spoon onto cheesecakes. Drizzle with remaining glaze. Dust with cocoa. Top with a coffee bean.