First Aussie virus case
AUSTRALIA’S first case of the deadly coronavirus has been confirmed in Victoria, with two probable cases identified in NSW.
The respiratory condition has been confirmed in a man who arrived from China last week, the state’s health minister Jenny Mikakos said.
The Chinese man aged in his 50s tested positive for the virus yesterday after visiting a GP on Thursday and going to hospital on Friday.
“There is no reason for alarm in the general community,” Ms Mikakos said. The man had been in Wuhan, the city of 11 million people and the epicentre of the outbreak, before catching a flight to Melbourne from Guangzhou on January 19.