Test your knowledge
1. Which country has the world’s longest coastline?
2. Which blood type can donate blood safely to all other groups?
3. True or false: the dromedary is the smallest species of camel?
4. What is the only letter that does not appear in the periodic table?
5. What sort of weapon did the historical “fusilier” soldier carry?
6. The Ivy League comprises sports teams from how many US private universities?
7. Olivia Colman won the best actress Oscar for her role in which 2018 movie?
8. Was the novel RobinsonCrusoe by Daniel Defoe first published in 1719, 1819 or 1919?
9. What does the process known as “bluing” give to steel?
10. Was the Manhattan Project active in the 1930s, 1940s or 1950s?
11. Brussels is the capital of which European country?
12. Which French singer had the signature song LaVieenRose?
13. What are the United Kingdom’s two oldest universities?
14. And in what years were they founded?
15. Which fictional character is also known as Lord Greystoke?
16. Is the stratosphere above or below the troposphere?
17. Popular in Victorian times, what black mineraloid was used to make jewellery?
18. Which US city’s name is Spanish for “the Meadows”?
19. True or false: the Channel Tunnel is the longest tunnel in the world?
20. What is the primary spirit in a Tom Collins cocktail?
21. What is the real first name of golfer Tiger Woods?
22. What movie includes the famous line “Greed, for lack of a better word, is good”?
23. Hamilton, Hayman and Hook islands are all part of which larger group of Australian islands?
24. Is the macaque a bird, mammal or reptile?
25. In which year was the first Mabo v Queensland native title court case?
26. How long is the gestation period of an elephant?
27. What is the more common name for cobalamin?
28. Which band released the albums NorthernSoulandUrbanHymns?
29. In 2019, what did Donald Trump recommend the use of to stop hurricanes reaching the US?
30. Who replaced Akihito as the emperor of Japan?
Answers, this page