Po­ten­tial killer could be in­side your home

Sunshine Coast Daily - Caloundra Weekly - - NEWS / WELCOME -

HAVE you ever felt an elec­tri­cal shock or tin­gle when touch­ing a tap or other piece of metal in your home?

Many of us have ex­pe­ri­enced it but most don’t know that shocks and tin­gles such as these could be part of an un­der­ly­ing and dan­ger­ous elec­tri­cal is­sue.

And no mat­ter how mi­nor the elec­tri­cal shock or tin­gle, ac­cord­ing to Chris Rose from En­ergex’s safety team, they can quickly turn into a life-threat­en­ing shock and should be re­ported.

“Of­ten these kinds of shocks and tin­gles are just the thin end of the wedge in terms of elec­tri­cal is­sues that can be­come a po­ten­tial silent killer within a prop­erty,” Mr Rose said.

If you ex­pe­ri­ence even the slight­est tin­gle, keep away from the tap or metal and phone En­ergex on

13 19 62.”

Mr Rose said En­ergex would in­ves­ti­gate and di­ag­nose the cause of the shock or tin­gles free of charge.

More in­for­ma­tion about elec­tri­cal safety can be found at www.en­ergex.com. au/safety.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.