FACEBOOK likers of the Sunshine Coast Daily were asked to pick the problem in the above photo. Some women were outraged it portrayed the female as unintelligent because she was reading a fashion mag. ● As a man I completely object to this. How dare they portray males as boring people who enjoy reading the Financial Review.
● Outstanding response. You win the internet.
● Because she is lazing in bed instead of getting him a sammich?
● Bit outdated. Nowadays, both of them would have iPads in their hands.
● No.. we just need to STOP listening to this garbage and #livepositivily. They are just #baitingustoargue.
● Oh, FFS. We need to go back to living in caves and start again
● Go on, tell us SCD? Why are women unhappy about it. I can’t see a thing wrong.
● Lori Dea, sadly some people find the lady reading a Chanel book offensive since the man is reading the paper.
● A few moronic women went off yesterday on Twitter about it, saying things from it’s body-shaming because she has the fruit bowl on her side to why is the lady not reading the paper. Clearly, some people need a life.
● David John, how ridiculous! They are assuming she is NOT an extremely talented fashion designer, self-employed and empowered, on the cusp of global greatness at Paris Fashion Week and simply brushing up on an industry icon. So sick of this rubbish.
● Seriously, if this is the most stressful thing going on in their lives, I’ll gladly trade lives.
● Yep, life’s pretty good if people really gotta search for something to be indignant about.
● Completely ridiculous. The world has gone mad. Plus, it’s also possible he is reading about fashion etc as the paper is not just finance.
● Because it portrays women as money-spenders and men as money-makers.
● Is she holding her mag upside down?
● There’s hope for everyone if you guys get paid for your articles.
● She’d only be looking at the pictures.
● Because no woman is this happy in a bedroom with a man. Oh, I mean no woman is this happy.