Practical professional development
JOINING the EDUTECH line up for 2018 is former Prime Minister of Australia, the Hon. Julia Gillard, who lends her extensive experience to her current role as the Chair for Board of Directors with the Global Partnership for Education.
NSW Minister for Education, the Hon. Rob Stokes, MP, will also be speaking at the conference along with well-known journalist, TV documentary maker and host of Insight on SBS, Jennie Brockie.
Not only does EDUTECH 2018 offer the opportunity to hear a range of experienced speakers discuss the Australia education sector, the conference also offers a choice of optional and practical Masterclasses, giving attendees an interactive, practical and in-depth learning experience.
• Masterclass A – Learning Spaces with world renowned educational architect and Fielding Nair International (USA) Founding president and chief executive Prakash Nair, and Fielding Nair International senior design consultant Roni Zimmer Doctory (USA).
• Masterclass B – The Learning Power
Approach with King’s College of London visiting professor of Education Prof. Guy Claxton (UK).
• Masterclass C – Going Full STEAM Ahead with University of Technology Sydney researcher Dr. Jane Hunter.
• Masterclass D – Teaching Kids to Code with Computer Science Education Group research fellow Dr. Rebecca Vivian, and University of Adelaide Computer Science school head Prof. Katrina Falkner.
• Masterclass E – School Marketing & Branding Masterclass with technology teacher, author and school marketing specialist Dr. Arnaud Prevot (USA).
• Masterclass F – Integrating Collaborative Inquiry with author Warren
Berger (USA). • Masterclass G – Preparing For The
AI Revolution In The Classroom with University College London Knowledge Lab Prof. of Learner Centered Design Rose Luckin (UK).
• Masterclass H – BYOD with Douglas & Brown Consultancy president Martin Levins.
The EDUTECH Congresses are valuable to educators, equipping them with new tools, ideas, and strategies to teach each new generation of students and allowing up close and personal discussion with experts.
• K-12 Ed Leaders Congress – a strategic look at the future of education, global trends,
Australia’s curriculum, and practical advice on technology as an educational tool.
• K12 Schools ICT Management Congress – ideas, advice and lessons-learnt from fellow school ICT Managers and
• School Business Management Congress
– for school business managers, finance managers, marketing managers, bursars and administrators looking to improve the finance, operations, administration, marketing and strategic direction of schools.
• Future Library Congress – exploring how the job of the Librarian is becoming more of an ‘information facilitator’ and creator.
• Higher Ed Leaders Congress – brings together leading figures to discuss the significant changes underway in higher education globally, the key role of technology to remain competitive, how to enhance student learning and engagement and ways to grow partnerships and collaboration.
• Tertiary Education IT Leaders
Congress – address the skills and capabilities required to be an effective CIO. It will explore the technical challenges facing CIOS and ICT leaders from the entire tertiary and higher education sector.
• National VET Leaders Congress – exploring the themes of: VET reforming & transforming; Disruption & Agility; Employability & Entrepreneurship; Student Engagement & Choice; Enhancing Quality & VET Reputation; and identifying opportunities within changing VET.
• 2018 AITD Annual Conference – the annual EDUTECH Learn[email protected] Work Congress will be combined with the Australian Institute of Training & Development National Conference. This is now Australia’s largest event for training, learning and development professionals.
• EDUBUILD – Australia’s largest education buildings and infrastructure conference and tradeshow for education leaders and decision-makers involved in design, construction, renovation, maintenance, operation and management of buildings for schools, colleges and universities.
• EDUFM – (Facilities Management for Schools and Universities) Australia’s only conference dedicated to facilities and asset management within the entire education sector, including both schools and tertiary education.
• EDUPROCURE – Australia’s only conference focused on improving and streamlining the procurement process within the entire education sector, including both school and tertiary education.
EDUTECH 2018 will host experienced educators from all over the world.
Australian Council for Computers in Education president Martin Levins.
NSW Department of Education Futures Learning Unit director Kathleen Donohoe.
World famous author, neuroscientist, entrepreneur and inventor Prof. Adam Gazzaley.