Explorers on the Move
VIMY Resources has defined a large uranium corridor at its Such Wow prospect, which is part of its Alligator River project in the Northern Territory.
According to Vimy, first pass reverse circulation (RC) drilling at the prospect intersected the uranium hosted Cahill formation in all six holes.
Key targets were identified along major fault zones with extensive alteration haloes.
Vimy managing director and chief executive Mike Young said the sheer size of the prospect was remarkable.
“The combination of surface alteration and structural features, along with significant uranium anomalism in our last drill hole, reinforces its potential,” Mr Young said.
“Our exploration team has over 20 years of combined uranium experience in Arnhem Land and they have never seen a clear-cut surface expression of potential uranium mineralisation as was mapped at the Shiba Zone about 120 metres above the unconformity.
“We’re confident that future drill programs at Such Wow will prove up more uranium mineralisation and help to build a pipeline of projects.”
According to Vimy, Such Wow was a stand-out exploration target due to the overall size of the structural corridor – more than five times the size of the Angularli prospect – with thin sandstone cover and surface expressions of hydrothermal alteration associated with uranium mineralisation.
Such Wow was within the King River-Wellington Range joint venture, which Vimy had a 75 per cent stake in, and Rio Tinto Exploration had the remaining 25 per cent.
Drilling at Such Wow.