BBQ HALOUMI & FENNEL PANZANELLA SALAD
SERVES 4. PREP 20 MINS. COOK 10 MINS
• 1 cup (150g) frozen broad beans
• ½ ciabatta loaf, thickly sliced
• 2 small fennel, cut into thin wedges, fronds reserved
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 140g kale, chopped
• 180g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices
• ¼ cup finely chopped dill
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, extra
• 1 tbsp honey
• ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
• 1 lemon, zested, juiced
1 Cook broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until heated through. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Peel. Place in a bowl.
2 Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush bread and fennel with a little of the oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until bread and fennel are lightly charred. Carefully tear the bread into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl with the fennel. Add the kale and toss to combine.
3 Brush haloumi with remaining oil. Cook on the grill for 1 min each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
4 Combine dill, extra oil, honey, chilli (if using), lemon juice and half the lemon zest in a screw-top jar. Seal and shake to combine. Season.
5 Add haloumi and broad beans to kale mixture in the bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Gently toss to combine.
6 Arrange haloumi mixture on a large serving platter. Top with the reserved fennel fronds and remaining lemon zest to serve.