Mum finds gross ooze in nuggets
LIKE any mum, Tayla Botten wanted to treat her two young children, so she bought some KFC chicken nuggets for lunch.
But as Ms Botten was handing the nuggets to her kids, she noticed a thick green substance oozing from one.
She said when she opened it up, she was hit with the putrid and unmistakeable odour of mould.
Horrified, Ms Botten opened a second nugget and found more mould.
A spokeswoman for KFC said they had launched an investigation at the Toowoomba store.
“We’re really sorry our customer had this experience as serving great food to the highest standards is extremely important to us,” she said.
“We have provided the customer with a full replacement of 24 Nuggets and a refund and are in the process of investigating what happened with the local team.”
While this discovery is enough to turn even the most loyal fried chicken fanatic off their food, Ms Botten said the KFC staff dismissed her family’s concerns when her mum returned to the store with the foul treats.
“They treated it like it was a joke – it was horrible,” she said. “Their excuse was that it was only a bit of oil, but you could smell the mould.
“The store offered fresh ones, but I didn’t want to give them to my children ever again.”
Ms Botten has since taken the matter up with the KFC Corporate Office which has told her they would be in contact.
While she said she could have forgiven the mould as an unintentional, albeit gross, mistake, having the staff laugh off her complaint was insulting.
“It is a serious matter, and I feel it was dealt with unreasonably,” she said.
“I won’t go back after that, and it has put my whole family off KFC.”
Luckily, Ms Botten discovered the mould before her young child ate any but she said it could have been much worse.
“As a parent you give your kids nuggets and let them eat them.”