Quick and easy
HEALTHY MEALS IN A HURRY ARE PERFECT FOR BACK-TO-SCHOOL TIME
SUPER-VEG BEEF CHOW MEIN TRAY BAKE SERVES 4. PREP 15 MINS. COOK 25 MINS
• 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
• 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
• 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 500g lean beef mince
• 1 tbsp light olive oil • 280g pkt fresh chow mein noodles
• 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
• 60ml (¼ cup) oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
• 2 tbsp warm water
• 160g (4 cups) thickly shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
• 100g shredded carrot
• 2 green shallots, sliced
• White pepper METHOD
1 Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Arrange capsicum, onion, ginger, garlic and mince in large baking dish and drizzle with oil. Bake for 10 mins. Break up lumps with wooden spoon and cook for 10 mins or until beef is golden.
2 Meanwhile, place noodles and broccolini in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins to soak. Drain.
3 Combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine and water in a jug or bowl.
4 Add the noodles, broccolini, cabbage and sauce mixture to the beef. Season with white pepper and use tongs to toss. Return to oven for 5 mins or until cabbage wilts. Top with carrots and shallot to serve.