FIG, PROSCIUTTO & RADICCHIO SALAD
SERVES 6. PREP 5 MINS. COOK 20 MINS
• 4 slices sourdough bread, torn
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 4 figs, halved
• 2 tbsp honey
• ⅓ cup (80ml) balsamic vinegar
• 150g mixed salad leaves (mesclun)
• 1 small radicchio, leaves torn
• 8 thin slices prosciutto, torn
• 150g English stilton or other bluevein cheese, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 180C. Place the sourdough on a baking paper-lined baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil.
2 Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from tray and set aside.
3 Place figs, skin-side down, on tray, drizzle with honey and half the balsamic. Bake for 6-8 minutes until starting to collapse.
4 Whisk remaining ⅓ cup (80ml) oil, 2 tbsp of balsamic and fig cooking juices in a bowl. Season. Transfer to a bowl with the leaves, prosciutto, cheese and croutons.
5 Toss to combine. Arrange on a platter and garnish with baked figs to serve.