QTR (Bridgestone) Toowoomba
With local families preparing to head off on their summer holidays and people spending more time on the roads during the festive season, now is the time to be checking the safety of their vehicles.
We at Bridgestone, Carrington Road, are urging motorists to keep their families safe on the road this holiday season by checking the condition of their tyres.
When you consider your car is only connected to the road by the equivalent of one handprint of tread from each tyre, it really puts into perspective how important tyres are to your family’s safety. Tyres should be checked regularly, especially when you have precious cargo - your family. Worn tyres give less control over your vehicle and increase the time it takes to stop when braking, so it’s crucial that tyres are well maintained and in good condition.
• Make sure there’s enough tread on your tyres. You can assess this by checking the tread depth indicators. Each groove must have at least 1.8mm.
• Ensure the tyre pressures are set to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended specifications. This can be found on your vehicles tyre placard.
• Check the spare tyre - is it inflated and in good condition?
• Make sure all your tyres are fitted with valve caps. Their job is to keep the air where it should be - in the tyres!
• Look for signs of irregular tread wear. They might indicate mechanical problems elsewhere.
• Check for small cuts in the tyre sidewalls and look for any other foreign objects, such as nails, in the tread.
If you’re in any doubt as to what a tyre in good condition should look like, drop in and see us at the Bridgestone Service Centre, 35 Carrington Road, or call (07) 4633 0099. We will be happy to help ensure you have a trouble-free holiday.