FAT CATTLE REPORT
Ray Donovan Stock & Station Agents
THERE were 288 head yarded at Grafton Fat Cattle Sale on Tuesday.
There was a slight reduction in numbers this week in a mixed quality yarding. Bullocks were scarce which saw a slight reduction in price with quality and condition also lacking. Heavy cows sold fully firm to see the best reach a top of 253.2c/kg. Grain fed butcher yearlings were well supplied and sold firm to a shade cheaper. Good quality angus steer weaners topped at 289.2c/kg while vealers held firm to top at 245c/kg. Once again light or low quality weaners were hard to shift.
Sale highlights included:
● A/c NC & MJ Allen sold an Angus Bullock 270.2c/k weighed 455kg - $1,229.41
●A/cM&BMulh earn sold an Angus Cross Cow 253.2c/kg weighed 620kg $1,569.84
● A/c RJ & DM Wigg sold Brangus & Brahman Cross Cows 245.2c/kg averaged 531kg - $1,302.01 p/hd
● A/c CJ & CJ Schrader sold Brangus Heifers 259.2c/kg averaged 347.5kg - $900.72 p/hd, also sold Brangus Steers 265kg averaged 351.9kg - $932.47 p/hd
●A/cM&BMulh earn sold Angus Steers 288.2c/kg averaged 305kg - $879.01 p/hd
● A/c PH & GJ Ballard sold Droughtmaster Vealer Steers 254.2c/kg averaged 268.8kg - $683.16 p/hd
● A/c Brad & Deanne Shannon sold Angus Cross Vealer Heifers 245.2c/kg averaged 232.5kg - $570.09 p/hd
● A/c Mark Gavenlock sold Charolais Cross Vealer Steers 258.2c/kg averaged 185kg $477.67 p/hd
Farrell McCrohon Stock & Station Agents
A TOTAL of 304 cattle were yarded at Grafton on Tuesday.
The market was again very strong for export cattle with bullocks selling to 260c/kg and cows stronger by 8c/kg to top at 254c/kg. Vealers to processors were also dearer with the top of these types selling to 250c/kg. Restockers were much more active on quality Angus weaner steers and pushed to 294c/kg. Our next Special Store Sale is on Thursday the18th October, 10am.
Sale highlights included:
● Chambigne Pastoral Co bullocks sold to 250c/kg weighed 580kg to return $1400/hd
●TJC rea seyAng us steer s sold to 268c/kg weighed 370kg to return $990/hd to restockers
●AG& G IC hap man cows sold to 240c/kg weighed 455kg to return $1085/hd
●R S Gill& NM Swanson cows sold to 252c/kg weighed 600kg to return $1507/hd
● Doboy Station cows sold to 222c/kg weighed 425kg to return $940/hd
● K Crapp cows sold to 240c/kg weighed 573kg to return $1374/hd
●J M& SA Hoycowss old to 245c/kg weighed 583kg to return $1409/hd
● Maybrook vealers sold to 248c/kg weighed 275kg to return $680/hd
● SJ,PM&RDEllem Angus steers sold to 268c/kg weighed 335kg to return $888/hd to restockers
●RC&IP Gray vealers sold to 244c/kg weighed 235kg to return $570/hd
●L& D Thompson yearlings sold to 260c/kg weighed 435kg to return $1131/hd
● The next fat sale will be held on October 16.
● The next store sale will be held on October 18.