The Courier-Mail

Eight flee house fire

-

A FAMILY-OF-EIGHT were in emergency accommodat­ion last night after fire destroyed their Brisbane home.

The family returned to their home at Edens Landing, in Logan, yesterday morning after the blaze the previous night, but have been unable to search for belongings as the building was unsafe.

Witness Louie Naumovski said the smoke alarm had dead batteries and failed to go off.

“It was lucky the mum heard a noise,” he said.

“She thought it was someone on the roof of the house, but it turned out to be the timber cracking. Everyone was asleep at the time.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia