The Courier-Mail

Unofficial waiting list number cut by 20,000

-

QUEENSLAND’S “waiting list for the waiting list” has been slashed by almost 20,000, Health Minister Cameron Dick has revealed.

As at July 1, the number of patients waiting longer than clinically recommende­d for a specialist outpatient appointmen­t was 82,088.

“You may recall that, when we came to government, there were over 100,000 Queensland­ers waiting longer than clinically recommende­d for a specialist outpatient appointmen­t,” Mr Dick said.

As at August 1, there were 182 “ready-for-surgery” patients waiting longer than clinically recommende­d for elective surgery.

“The percentage of readyfor-surgery patients on the elective surgery waiting list, who were within the clinically recommende­d time for surgery, was 99.4 per cent as at the 1st of August,” Mr Dick said.

The Health Minister said 99.9 per cent of “category 1” patients had been dealt with within the clinically recommende­d time, 98.3 per cent for category 2, and 99.9 for category 3.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia