Good news so far, but decision on Thursday
COVID restrictions will not be eased in Queensland before Thursday, despite no locally acquired cases since April 3.
But Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said authorities were confident about how the state was tracking. Queensland recorded one new case of COVID-19 yesterday, detected in hotel quarantine and acquired overseas.
Ms D’Ath said authorities would monitor the situation in coming days before deciding about the current restrictions.
“We’ve always worked on the 14 days and that’s the advice from (Chief Health Officer) Dr Young; we’ll continue to do that,” she said.
Ms D’Ath was not aware of the state’s current vaccine supply levels yesterday, but said there was always one to two weeks’ worth.
Ms D’Ath yesterday said a question about the revelation from Prime Minister Scott Morrison that there wasn’t a timeline for the jab should be directed to the Commonwealth.
“We’ve said all along that our rollout is contingent on supply,” she said.
“As long as that supply keeps coming, we will keep vaccinating Queenslanders.”
Meanwhile, a woman who attended a hens’ party at Byron
Bay, which was associated with the second recent cluster, returned four negative polymerase chain reaction tests.
Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said serology had now confirmed that the woman was a recovered case and there was no risk to the community because she had been in quarantine during her infectious period.
The historical case has been added to Queensland’s total.