MUSHROOM, SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
SERVES 4. PREP 5 MINS. COOK 15 MINS
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 4 medium sized portabello mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cups button mushrooms
• 3 spring onions, finely sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
• thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, stems finely sliced
• 2 tbs Garam Masala
• 1 tbs mild curry powder
• 400g can crushed tomatoes or one punnet of cherry tomatoes
• 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
• 270ml can low fat coconut milk
• 2 cups baby spinach
• ½ cup basmati rice, cooked, to serve
• lime wedges, to serve
1 Heat olive oil in a large high-sided frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Add spring onions, capsicum, garlic, ginger and coriander stems and cook for
1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
2 Stir in Garam Masala and curry powder, then crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tomato mixture has thickened and darkened slightly. Stir in chickpeas, coconut milk and baby spinach. Cook until spinach wilts.
3 Divide rice between serving bowls, top with curry, coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges.