JARRATT HAS TRIAL DATE SET
WOLF Creek star John Jarratt will have to wait until July to try to clear his name over a historical rape allegation following a delay by prosecutors in court.
The 66-year-old actor is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a home in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, in 1976.
He yesterday appeared in the Downing Centre District Court to be arraigned but the judge was told prosecutors had yet to serve the indictment.
Jarratt is set to enter a plea in February with a five-day trial to start on July 1.
“I’m very disappointed the Crown is not ready,” Judge Helen Symes said.
Jarratt’s lawyer Bryan Wench has previously said that “nothing less than a not guilty verdict” would satisfy him.