Scallops with breadcrumbs, peas and prosciutto
● 2 tablespoons chopped flatleaf parsley
● 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
● 4 slices prosciutto, chopped ● Pinch of chilli flakes
● 1 cup (70g) sourdough breadcrumbs
● 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
● 24 scallops on the half shell, roe removed
● 2 cups (240g) frozen peas ● 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
● 2 tablespoons dry white wine
METHOD Step 1
Combine parsley, garlic, prosciutto, chilli and breadcrumbs in a mini processor and pulse to combine. Add oil, season well, and pulse again until just combined. Place scallops in their shells on a baking tray and top with crumbs. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill to mediumhigh.
Blanch peas in a pan of salted, boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain. Toss with parmesan and season. Keep warm.
Drizzle scallops with wine, then grill for 1-2 minutes until crumbs are golden and scallops are just cooked. Serve on a platter, scattered with parmesan peas.